It's crunch time for Act on Climate's long-standing campaign for science-based Emissions Reduction Targets.
The Andrews govt's decision is just weeks away and time is running out to make the case for keeping global warming below 1.5°C.
Friends of the Earth Melbourne will run a special creative action planning & skill share session for community members who want to ramp things up in the final weeks.
The Get Sh*t Done session will be geared towards planning creative stunts for a Week of Action for Victorian Climate Leadership between March 17 and 24.
All are welcome. No prior knowledge or experience necessary. Just a passion for community and climate action.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
- An introduction to story-based strategy.
- Selecting targets and brainstorming tactics.
- Action choreography, video, and photography.
- Securing media.
- Strategic social media posting.
- And more...
- Get Sh*t Done is free for First Nations people and Friends of the Earth members.
- For all others, we request a contribution of $10 per person to preparation, snacks, and materials (please bring cash on the day).
- If you'd like to attend but can't afford it, email Leigh Ewbank.
We acknowledge the Wurundjeri people as the Traditional Custodians of the lands and waterways in the area now known as Melbourne. We pay respect to their Elders past, present, and emerging, as well as to all First Nations communities who significantly contribute to the life of the area.
251 Faraday St
Carlton , VIC 3053
Google map and directions